Wednesday 20 March 2013

Why is the rum gone?

A long time ago, back when the Hillbrad Foothills were contested territory, I used to hang out drinking milk and shooting the breeze with my favourite barman, old Barkeep Kelly in Southshore. He's not there any more, wiped out by the horde scum during the Cataclysm. But I still visit him every few months, by going back in time. I go to the Caverns of Time, and revisit the past: Old Hillsbrad, as it used to be, back when Kelly was young. But the conversation isn't the same, any more. He no longer has the wisdom that age brings, and he has no knowledge of the future that is our present. He's trapped in an endless recycling of past events. His conversation is starting to get tedious and repetitive.

But he does have one thing from those days that is great: Rumsay Rum Black Label. That stuff packs a punch! I always brought empty bags with me when I visited him in the Caverns of Time, filled them with rum and brought it all back for Fuill, my banker and battle-ground enthusiast. For you see, Rumsay Rum Black Label may get you drunk, but it also gives a +15 Stamina buff.

Or rather, I should say that it did. For the recipe seems to have been subtly changed, and the buff was silently removed a fortnight ago. I'm sorry to say that Old Hillsbrad will have few visitors in future.

Farewell and adieu to you, young Barkeep Kelly. 
Farewell and adieu, you Barkeep of old. 
For we've received orders for to sail back to Stormwind. 
And so nevermore shall we see you again.

On the other hand, I predict we will be making new friends in Halaa. The conversation is always good with Halaani Whiskey.

No comments:

Post a Comment